The remains of the Vypeekotta Seminary built by the Portuguese are preserved as a historic monument and site. The Vypeekotta Seminary is located in Chendamangalam village in Ernakulam District. A Seminary is the college to teach Christian priests. This Seminary was established to teach the priests of Malabar, the ceremonies and language to be used in Roman Catholic Churches founded by the Portuguese.
There were many buildings on the premises, which were destroyed during the wars in later period. There is a church still functioning in the compound, probably built during the same period, but renovated later. Many stone inscriptions were encountered from the church compound during the exploration done here in 1935. The inscriptions are fixed on a half wall in front of the church. The Jesuit Priests had also started a printing press at Vypeekotta. The remains of the Seminary were declared as a protected monument in 1935.